Time to Elect A New Board Director
As a Serenia Life voting member, you are entitled to vote in the confirmation election of the nominated Board of Director candidate.
Our 2023 candidate has gone through a rigorous selection process to ensure they meet the needs of our organization. In fact, the Board assesses the skills and experience of the Board of Directors on a regular basis. It then endeavours to obtain Directors with the expertise and leadership required to ensure that the Governing Board is well versed in financial services and risk management – and that they are committed to Serenia Life Financial’s mission, vision, and values.
Meet the Candidate
Serenia Life Directors have the skills and competencies to effectively guide our organization. All Board members are Christian and support our shared values. They have no material interest in any contract with Serenia Life, except through their individual insurance and/or annuity contracts (which gives them membership into the organization). With the exception of our President and CEO, none are employees and are therefore not involved in our day-to-day business operations.
A senior financial executive, Lee Bennett spent over thirty years working for global financial organizations within insurance, banking, asset management, and capital markets. Before retiring, Lee was President of two brokerage firms: TD Wealth Financial Planning and CIBC Direct Investing and Advice.
Lee has over 12 years of experience as a board member, and presently serves as Vice Chair of the board at March of Dimes Canada and Intouch Insight Ltd. Additionally, she serves on the Independent Review Committee for Investors Group Investment Management Ltd.
Lee holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Western University, earned the Institute of Corporate Directors designation from the Rotman School of Management, holds the Partners, Directors, and Senior Officers designation from the Canadian Securities Institute and the ESG Global Competent Boards Designation, GCB.D.
As a Board Director, Lee would bring in-depth experience in strategy design and execution, business to consumer distribution, sales distribution, and large digital and technology transformations to the role.
Lee and her husband, Will, have two children. They live in Toronto, where she enjoys sitting on the Fundraising Committee for Abiona Centre for Infant and Early Mental Health.
How to Vote
Remember that this is a confirmation election (i.e., where voting members simply vote YES or NO for the candidate).
Here’s what you need to do:
- Review our voting member criteria to ensure you are eligible to vote. (NOTE: If you currently have a life insurance policy or annuity with Serenia Life Financial, and you are a member that had voting rights prior to February 23, 2021, you are now considered a “legacy member.” All legacy members have voting rights.)
- Gather your Serenia Life Financial member information, including your POLICY NUMBER (located on your Serenia Life Financial Policy/Statement), before beginning the voting process. If you are unable to locate your policy number, please contact Member Services at 1.800.563.6237.
- Get to know each candidate by carefully reviewing their information.
- Click a VOTE NOW button on this page to begin the online voting process. (Want to vote via mail-in ballot? See below*.)
- Fill in the required information, then vote** YES or NO for each nominated candidate separately. Remember, you are not selecting one versus the other. You can cast the same vote for both candidates, if you wish.
Once voting has closed, votes will be verified and counted. Candidates that receive a majority of YES votes will serve their respective terms commencing February 2024.
Voting closes October 31, 2023
Voting opens October 2nd!
*If you have any questions, please contact Member Services.
Toll Free: 1.800.563.6237
**Valid votes are those made via the online system or through mail-in ballots only. Please only complete the voting process ONCE. Any duplicate votes from the same member will be deemed invalid. Voting closes October 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Become a voting member.