Accessible Emergency Information
Serenia Life Financial will provide members, customers, and employees with disabilities with emergency information in an accessible way, upon request.
Serenia Life Financial will ensure training is provided to all customer-facing employees, contractors, and financial advisors at the time of onboarding and as our policies change. This training incorporates requirements of the accessibility standards and aspects of the Human Rights Code related to accessibility for persons with disabilities.
Serenia Life Financial commits to meet the information and communication needs of persons with disabilities, which includes our processes for receiving and providing feedback.
Upon request, we will provide publicly available information in accessible formats or with communication supports for persons with disabilities. We will provide the accessible format on a timely basis and consult with the person making the request to determine a suitable format or communication support.
- Make any new websites and content published after January 1, 2012 conform with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level A.
- Take steps to make our websites and web content published on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA (excluding success criteria for Captions (Live) and Audio Descriptions (Pre-Recorded) by January 1, 2021.
Serenia Life Financial commits to fair and accessible employment practices and takes the following steps:
- During the recruitment, assessment, and selection process, we inform applicants that accommodations are available upon request, and we accommodate persons with disabilities throughout the process.
- As part of our offer of employment, we confirm our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities to successful candidates. Similarly, we inform our employees of our practices that support employees with disabilities.
- We create individual accommodation plans and develop return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- Our performance management and career development processes consider the needs of employees with disabilities.
Serenia Life Financial commits to considering and incorporating accessibility features for people with disabilities in the design of our public spaces. Where appropriate, we will provide members and customers with notice if there is a temporary disruption where accessible elements are not in working order.
Serenia Life Financial will review this accessibility plan every five years.
Accessible formats and communication supports for this Plan are available upon request.