Rules & Regulations
This $500 Individual Savings Annuity (ISA) Draw (the ”Contest”) shall be construed and evaluated according to Canadian law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules.
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- Be a Canadian resident who has reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence* at the time of entry.
*Residents of Quebec are not eligible for this contest, regardless of their membership in FaithLife Financial.
The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest:
- FaithLife Financial employees, and its Financial Representatives and brokers
- Immediate family members of FaithLife Financial’s employees, Financial Representatives, and brokers. An immediate family member is defined as husband, wife, or common-law partner, father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, step-child or grandchild.
- Persons domiciled with FaithLife Financial’s employees, Financial Representatives, and brokers (whether related or not)
- Employees, financial representatives, brokers, and immediate family members of FaithLife Financial’s subsidiaries (if applicable), advertising or promotional agencies, and entities involved in the production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest (”Administrators”).
There is a limit of one entry per person. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter
- Sign up for the FaithLife Financial newsletter at www.faithlifefiancial.ca/signup. No purchase is necessary.
3. Winner & Prizes
- One (1) winner will be selected randomly on Friday, July 29, 2022, and will receive a FaithLife Financial Individual Savings Annuity (ISA) in the amount of $500.
- The winner will be notified by telephone or e-mail and must respond within five (5) business days of notification. If a winner does not respond, they will be disqualified. FaithLife Financial will make three attempts to contact the winner. FaithLife Financial is not responsible for the failure of a winner to receive notification for any reason whatsoever, or for FaithLife Financial to receive a winner’s response.
- Before a winner is declared, they will be required to respond to a mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, as well as sign an agreement and release, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered, and (i) releasing FaithLife Financial and its directors, officers, employees, and administrators from any and all liabilities arising from participation in this Contest, and (ii) granting FaithLife Financial the unrestricted right to publish without compensation, the name and photograph of the winner for advertising and promotional purposes. The agreement and release must be returned within five (5) business days of the notification date indicated on the document or the winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
- The prize must be accepted in the winner’s province or territory of residence, and as awarded. It cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash**.
- While the winner may select the ISA term of their choice, the prize must remain in the selected term for the full term duration.
**This prize is not transferable or convertible to cash.
4. General Conditions
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the operation of this Contest is a violation of law and should such an attempt be made, FaithLife Financial reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
- Entries will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, mechanically reproduced, falsified, or tampered with in any way.
5. Indemnification by Participants
By entering the Contest, entrants release FaithLife Financial, its directors, officers, employees, and Administrators from any injury, loss or damage of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest, the entry and draw process, or the prize awarded.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be posted on the Contest website. Entrants further agree to be bound by the draw decision, which shall be final and binding in all respects. FaithLife Financial reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any FaithLife Financial website; (b) violating the rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike manner, or with intent to annoy or harass any other person.
7. Limitation of Liability
FaithLife Financial assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release document or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
FaithLife Financial, its Financial Representatives, directors, officers, employees, and Administrators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming used in the Contest or by any error in the processing of entries. FaithLife Financial and its Administrators assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. They are not responsible for the failure or malfunction of any computer or telephone equipment or network. FaithLife Financial, its directors, officers, employees and Administrators are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of FaithLife Financial and its Administrators which corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, FaithLife Financial reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
8. Disputes over Entries
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the individual whose name appears as the email subscriber, even if that person is not the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over FaithLife Financial.