To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- Be a Canadian resident who has reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence* at the time of entry.
*Residents of Quebec are not eligible for this contest, regardless of their membership in Serenia Life Financial.
The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest:
- Serenia Life Financial employees and its advisors
- Immediate family members of Serenia Life Financial’s employees or advisors. An immediate family member is defined as husband, wife, or common-law partner, father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, step-child, or grandchild.
- Persons domiciled with Serenia Life Financial’s employees or advisors (whether related or not)
- Employees, advisors, and immediate family members of Serenia Life Financial’s subsidiaries (if applicable), advertising or promotional agencies, and entities involved in the production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest (”Administrators”).
This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter
- Members complete the sign-up form on the Serenia Life Financial Refer a Friend page at www.serenialife.ca/refer-a-friend. Individuals who have been referred by a member complete the sign-up form at www.serenialife.ca/for-a-friend. No purchase is necessary.
3. Winner & Prizes
- One (1) winner will be selected randomly at the beginning of each month. Winners will receive a $100 grocery gift card to a retailer from a pre-selected list. If no referrals are received, then there will be no winners for that given month. All referrals and friends will receive a $25 donation PIN that can be used on Serenia Life’s Givesome page at Serenia Life Financial – Givesome.
- The winner will be notified by telephone or e-mail and must respond within five (5) business days of notification. If a winner does not respond, they will be disqualified. Serenia Life Financial will make three attempts to contact the winner. Serenia Life Financial is not responsible for the failure of a winner to receive notification for any reason whatsoever or for Serenia Life Financial to receive a winner’s response.
- Before a winner is declared, they will be required to respond to a mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, as well as sign an agreement and release, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered, and (i) releasing Serenia Life Financial and its directors, officers, employees, and administrators from any and all liabilities arising from participation in this Contest, and (ii) granting Serenia Life Financial the unrestricted right to publish, without compensation, the name and photograph of the winner for advertising and promotional purposes. The agreement and release must be returned within five (5) business days of the notification date indicated on the document or the winner will be disqualified, and the prize forfeited.
- The prize must be accepted in the winner’s province or territory of residence, and as awarded. It cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash**.
- **This prize is not transferable or convertible to cash.
4. General Conditions
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the operation of this Contest is a violation of law and should such an attempt be made, Serenia Life Financial reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
- Entries will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, mechanically reproduced, falsified, or tampered with in any way.
5. Indemnification by Participants
By entering the Contest, entrants release Serenia Life Financial, its directors, officers, employees, and Administrators from any injury, loss or damage of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest, the entry and draw process, or the prize awarded.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be posted on the Contest website. Entrants further agree to be bound by the draw decision, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Serenia Life Financial reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Serenia Life Financial website; (b) violating the rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike manner, or with intent to annoy or harass any other person.
7. Limitation of Liability
Serenia Life Financial assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release document or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
Serenia Life Financial, its advisors, directors, officers, employees, and Administrators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming used in the Contest or by any error in the processing of entries. Serenia Life Financial and its Administrators assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. They are not responsible for the failure or malfunction of any computer or telephone equipment or network. Serenia Life Financial, its directors, officers, employees and Administrators are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Serenia Life Financial and its Administrators which corrupt or affect the administration, security, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Serenia Life Financial reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
8. Disputes over Entries
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the individual whose name appears as the email applicant, even if that person is not the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Serenia Life Financial.